Manufacturing Process Planner
Burlington, ON L7L 6A6
Our client, an advanced manufacturer in Burlington, has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Process Planner on a direct hire basis.
This candidate is responsible for developing and maintaining documentation from product development through to production; including working with all areas of operations and engineering to create bills of material (BOM), workmanship standards, job travelers, and build instructions.
- Compiles, maintains and updates bill of materials (BOM) from customer drawings/specifications and inputs into the data management/ERP system (E2); including creating and adjusting part descriptions, numbers, and unit of measure as needed
- Supports in the initial material buy with purchasing of programs
- Identifies types and quantities of purchased components and raw material for the construction of cost estimates for quoting of NPI initiatives; including determining the required operations, inspections, estimated set-up, labour and per unit processing times
- Creates and maintains configuration control of documents
- Prepares NPI and production documentation detailing each operation through the routings required for the manufacture of individual parts; including development of comprehensive operational narrative describing in detail the steps the operator must complete in each process
- Modifies existing process plans to reflect changes in manufacturing, method, machine, or material.
- Maintains and reviews customer drawings as new technical data or revisions are released; including determining if a process changes shall be initiated, and communicating these changes to appropriate team members
- Confers with departmental leads/supervisors to determine status of assigned projects
- Creates and edits technical documentation for SRED and post-production reports
- Supports project management and estimating as required
- Experience and familiarity with engineering processes, process planning, and process improve-ment (LEAN, 5S, or 6 sigma an asset)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering drawings; including an understanding of geometric tolerances.
- Ability to use Solid Works or related software
If you are an experienced Manufacturing Process Planner seeking a direct position and would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit your résumé by clicking Apply Online and completing your online application, or submit your resume by:
Toll Free Fax: 1.866.294.1534
Thank you for your interest in this position – we look forward to working with you.
Hire Choice Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.