Paint Prepper Painter Backup
Burlington, ON L7L 5Y2
Our client, a manufacturing company in Burlington, has an immediate opportunity for a Paint Prepper to work on a contract basis for the next several months. Based on work volume the position could go longer, possibly leading to full time depending on ability.
This state-of-the-art manufacturing facility is clean, bright, climate controlled with a strong health & safety program. It is a very comfortable place to work.
Steady day shift hours with some flexibility with arrival time depending on your commute - start at either 6:00 a.m. or 7:00 a.m.
In this position you will ensure that the various parts are properly prepared for the repair and / or painting process. These duties must be handled in a competent, efficient and productive manner to ensure the parts have been prepared for repair and / or painting.
This position may possibly become a Painter Back-up in the future, which includes the following:
- To ensure that the painting of various parts is handled in a competent, efficient and productive manner.
- To perform painting duties on parts from various projects in the shop.
- Work under the direction of the Lead Hand Painter / Prepper
- Remove surface contamination such as oil, grease, deposits, scale, etc. prior to surface preparation
- Removal of paint is performed by mechanical means (D/A sander and / or hand sanding)
- Threaded holes, tapped holes are to be plugged or masked using a clean release masking tape.
- Masking of parts prior to paint
- Review teardown reports (identifies scope of work required for a repair)
- Understanding of scheduling requirements to meet customer demands
- Possibly perform Painter Back-up duties and responsibilities in the future
- Clean and maintain the paint booth and spray equipment on a daily basis and recommend improvements.
- Engage in proper inspection delegation prior to painting procedures commence.
- When required additional roles and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the Lead Hand Painter / Prepper and the Team Leader, Repair and Overhaul
If you are an experienced Paint Prepper available immediately for a contract position and would like to apply for this position, please submit your résumé by clicking Apply Online and completing your online application, or submit your resume by:
Toll Free Fax: 1.866.294.1534
Thank you for your interest in this position – we look forward to working with you.
Hire Choice Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.